The job you’ll be doing at SmashFly
This Senior QA Engineer will have an opportunity to work with seasoned architects, designers, developers and individuals from our creative team while also helping establish and grow a long term QA function. SmashFly Technologies offers market-competitive rewards and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
What We’re Looking for
We’re looking for an experienced, highly technical QA Engineer wo can roll-up their sleeves and get into the details while helping to steer the overall direction of the QA function. You will troubleshoot complex database, server, and application issues on a daily basis. You have experience working in a fast paced, cutting edge, high technology environment. You know how to apply the appropriate test methods based on business needs, complexity, and project deadlines.
- Break down complex projects into small, manageable chunks that can be delivered on time
- Support a portfolio of projects
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Provide functional and technical expertise to bug fixing
- Act as an expert in quality engineering
- Manage test plans and test methodology
- Participate in continuous improvement of process and procedures
- Provide testing status to the team including metrics for software readiness
- Participate in daily standups to stay aligned with development team goals
- Participate in executing automation scripts
- Support the Software QA organization and continuous Integration activities
The skills you should have
- BS in CS or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability in White Box testing
- Experience with Windows Performance Monitoring
- Ability to manage IIS Windows Environment
- Ability to troubleshoot using windows logs
- Ability to perform SQL CRUD
- Experience writing and implementing Test Plans, Test Suites, and Test Cases
- Experience with development tools such as Visual Studio and Selenium
- Experience working in Agile team environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Our track record so far
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal
- We’ve been named by the Boston Globe as Best Places to Work
- We’re the top ranked company in Boston by Glassdoor
- We offer great benefits including an open vacation policy, stock options, weekly happy hours – you get the idea.
Oh, and our application process is easy, pretty transparent and painless.
We need talent like you to join us. Ready to apply? Get Started.